Sunday 13 May 2012

The Colossus and Happy Mother's Day!

The Colossus...sounds like something from Greece and the word is of course Greek to me.  'Behemoth, goliath, monster, giant is  the definition of the word in The Free Dictionary.  Well, of course this Colossus is kind of huge in size and I am meaning this Colossus  below...


In simple terms its Crossword and I am addicted to doing crossword since I was young, it gives a certain kind of satisfaction in finding the solution either across or down it.  This colossus crossword is in the AWW..


  Real pricey now when it used to cost $3.00 (not RM and not USD too) in the Seventies.  I never fail to get a copy of it every month even though the newest issue will only be in my possession over a month or two late.  I got a puzzled look from Dini my eldest girl, when I asked her to supply me with this magazine every month from her office's news vendor (her office is in PJ).  She was a bit puzzled because I need that magazine just for this crossword.  Well,  for one it is difficult to find a copy here in KB...you might find a copy or two in one of the major bookstores here and that's all and often I was too late to grab a copy.  Secondly I need to get my fix of this Colossus crossword every month.....huhu.  


Its Mother's Day today and another MHC to add to my collection.  A gift from Dini for Mother's Day...




and this morning Ain skipped into my room singing...'Happy Mother's Day Mama' and handed me the box above...entah apa mimpinya cos dah lama tak terima apa-apa present untuk mother's day.  Al-Fatihah to Arwoh Mok, the greatest Mak ever!  Happy Mother's Day to all Mummy, Mama, Mak, Ummi, Che, Wan everywhere :)


4 comments:

Al-Manar said...

I decided to post something on 13/5 to mark the anniversary odd that tragic event. Early this morning three phones came through from our three children in KL. The calls came through on Makcik's phone - mother's day wishes.

And you talk about crosswords! My daughter was crazy over this - and I was too. It was the influence of crosswords which appeared on all daily papers in UK. I refused to attempt those on London Times which were beyond my skill.

Happy mother's day to you too

naniasda said...

The date 13 May 1969 will forever be etched in the minds of anyone who was around when that tragic incident happened and I was 13 yrs old that year. There was my aunt who was beside herself worrying about her three children who were studying/working in KL that time and she did not completely recover as the years passed. As the date 13 May loomed for several years after that there was always rife rumours of another '13 May' riot happening. I was working with Nestle for a year when on that specified date the rumours started to circulate but I was lucky to have older brothers and a sister in KL who were all concerned about the safety of their little sister and they immediately came to my office to take me home and of course no riots happened on that day.

Anyway Pakcik a belated Happy Mother's Day wish to Makcik :)

pB said...

tok sele bread pun


hu hu hu

naniasda said...

supo jah pB...akak tok sele bread jugok cos mother's day is everyday, hari-hari dok buat kijo tulo..hahaha

Daiyan's Giant Caterpillars (Part II)

                                      CEO of RapidKL's tweet inviting Daiyan to visit LRT depot...                          ...