Saturday 31 October 2015

my not so bizzare puding roti + apung

Leftovers days old bread and weeks old 'apung' or 'apam' (colourful steam kind of spongy cake) resulted into this not so bizzare bread pudding....

 colourful apung/apam

watched on Unique Eats, there was this chef somewhere in USA mixed pound cake and glaze donuts and made it into this kind of pudding, it was a hit with his customers...

before baking...
after baking...crunchy on the top

needs a lazy person such as yours truly to dish out this kind of instant pudding, just  whisked 4 small eggs with whatever amount of sweetness you desire of those sweet thick creamer, some leftover milk, vanilla bean plus a dash of vanilla essence, tear in bits the bread and the apung (it was an afterthought to add in the apung by the way..rather than left it in the fridge uneaten) into the custard sauce, add in some chopped  macadamia nuts and plump black raisins lastly topped the mixture with bits of butter...bake in oven at 190 deg. celcius for about 50 minutes and enjoy the result..

8 comments:

sunah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sunah said...

Dah enjoy the result...heh3...

naniasda said...

mesti sodap kan kan kan...hehe

Lee said...

Hi Nanisada, how you doin'? Just dropped by say hello.
Your pudding looks so good. Masuk mulut dua spoon boleh lupa nama mak, ha ha. Love the brown edges, looks nice and crispy.
You have a great week, and simpan satu lagu dalam hati.
Lee.

naniasda said...

Hi Lee,
Thanks for visiting my pondok, thank you for the condolence on the passing of my sister. I am fine and the rest of my family are well too including my active grandson, I hope your family and yourself in particular are in the best of health..take care and simpan juga satu lagu dalam hati you :)

Unknown said...

Hi, I came across your blog and I enjoyed reading your amazing stories. Interested to collaborate? Email me at nurul.aini@my.zalora.com I couldn't find your email so I am leaving a comment to u. Hope to hear soon. Thanks! Ps: this is NOT a spam yah haha :)

Hajar Alwi said...

As'salaamualaikum,

Interesting. Would prolly keep this in mind as we tend to have leftover breads and stuff in the larder. :D

naniasda said...

Wa'alaikummusalam..
thank you for dropping by here, yes why not..recycle those breads into something tasty :)

Daiyan's Giant Caterpillars (Part II)

                                      CEO of RapidKL's tweet inviting Daiyan to visit LRT depot...                          ...