Sunday 4 September 2011

An Attorney and a Moulana


 Kisah lawyer nak tunjuk pandai...hehe (no offence intended...'wink wink')

At a well attended function a pompous young attorney was displaying his knowledge by posing questions to the various guests that were proving difficult to answer. He seemed to be enjoying the attention of the audience as his targets squirmed under his line of questioning. Finally, he turned to the Moulana (learned man, teacher) who was quietly enjoying a cup of tea in the corner. 

After exchanging salaams and a brief introduction he thundered straight in and said in a loud voice, “I suppose you Moulana’s are infallible and never make any mistakes, am I correct?”

The Moulana stroked his beard and calmly asked, “My son, what brings you to that conclusion?”
“Well, I have never heard any apologies and corrections in your lectures,” replied the attorney

Moulana: “Maybe you have not heard this because I have been lecturing before you were born. We are human and make mistakes, we accept responsibility and rectify it.” 

 Then turning on the young man attorney he says, “Surely you make mistakes too?”
“Yes! off course we make mistakes, Moulana.” To which the Moulana counters, “And tell me son, how do you rectify it?”
 
He replies: “Well, I weigh up the situation and if there is an element of truth in the matter I let it go and leave it at that. What about you?”

Moulana with a little sparkle in his eyes answers, “Pretty much the same. In fact last week in my bayaan(lecture) I meant to say that Shaitaan, is the father of all Liars but accidentally said Shaitaan is the father of all lawyers… so I let it go and left it at that.” 
 
The sound of laughter from the room followed the young man as he beat a hasty retreat.

Conceived and presented on Radio Islam by our humourist Ebi Lockhat every Monday morning after the 8:00 am news. Catch it on audio streaming http://radioislam.ndstream.net

Received via email courtesy of webadmin@sanha.org.za

No comments:

Daiyan's Giant Caterpillars (Part II)

                                      CEO of RapidKL's tweet inviting Daiyan to visit LRT depot...                          ...