My friend had just started reading Surah Taha (the 20th Surah) in our trice weekly Quran classes, after finishing reading the 5th verse, Ustazah broke the silence and said Verses 1 - 5 can be read to cool down anger and soften the heart and she related the story of Saidina Umar (r.a) while in the state of anger had listened to this verses before he embraced Islam. She said the verses can be read to those who have anyone in the family who is a bit uncontrollable to manage and laughing jovially added ..." in case anyone of you here who has a fierce boss you can read the verses discreetly".
1. TaHa. (These letters are one of the miracles of the Quran, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings.)
2. We have not sent down the Quran unto you (O Muhammad SAW) to cause you distress,
3. But only as a Reminder to those who fear (Allah).
4. A revelation from Him (Allah) Who has created the earth and high heavens.
5. The Most Beneficent (Allah) Istawa (rose over) the (Mighty) Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty).
I take this opportunity too to thank the management of the organisation where I am working who willingly provide us the staff with a few hours off from work to attend and to learn in-depth the Tajwid and more of the Al-Quran...May Allah Bless us all...